Saturday, September 19, 2009

Twists your memory can take

Ever get that feeling that a situation will happen to you at some moment?
Some Pink Floyd songs transmit that feeling to me at times (i'm at a loss for a real example, you either experienced it or not); what's strange about it is that it's not any of the 3 Vu's: Deja Vu (you think something happened, but it didn't), Presque Vu (tip of the tongue) or Jamais Vu (you think something didn't happen, but it did).

The worst part about it is that sometimes, it happens. Then you remember that you had a 'pre-memory' of it. Or not... And you think.. did it happen by its own accord, and I had a real pre-memory of the event, did the memory suggest my mind into taking a course of action that would lead to the happening of the event, or did I never have the actual memory to begin with and i'm in a mental state propicious to the creation of false memories? This last one leading to: "did what happened in X moment really ocurr, or am I imagining it based on recent events?"

Am I screwed up all the time, or just when I express myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment